Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/10/2023 23:59
Grade E SCP 8-11 £22,777 - £24,054, pro rata)
Schools - Support
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Stanley, DH9 0NP
St. Joseph’s is a happy, welcoming, successful and forward-looking Catholic school. We have an excellent reputation in the local community, with fabulous children who enjoy learning. The governors are seeking to appoint a talented, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated and dynamic team.
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest Catholic Education trust in the North East of England with a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive and growing team.
We are seeking an individual to support and assist teachers as part of a professional team by providing one to one support to children with SEND needs and those that are in receipt of an Education Health Care Plan.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working in a primary school.
• Have a commitment to ensure that all pupils are supported to achieve the highest standards.
• Have experience of supporting children with complex Special Educational Needs.
• Have the ability to work and support children with SEND needs independently.
• Have a commitment to safeguard the welfare of children.
• Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of our schools.
We can offer:
• A strong catholic ethos, rooted in Gospel values;
• Enthusiastic and friendly children who are keen to learn in a kind, caring and supportive environment;
• A supportive management team and Local Governing Committee;
• A culture of improvement in all facets of school life.
How to Apply:
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website. To apply online please click 'Apply Now'.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Cowan, in the school office, to arrange this.
Closing date: Thursday 12th October 2023
Interview date: Week beginning 16th October 2023.
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job is closed for applications.