Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/12/2023 23:59
Grade E, SCP 8-11 (£24,702 - £25,979 per annum, pro rata)
Schools - Teaching Assistant
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Blackhill, Consett, DH8 8JD
Temporary linked to funding.
Required from as soon as possible.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest catholic education trust in the North East of England and will have a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
The Headteacher would like to appoint an enthusiastic and committed person to join our team and provide support for a child in Reception. The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting pupils and be able to work alongside the Class Teacher and SENDCO.
They will be committed to providing high quality learning opportunities and developing independence in all pupils. The Headteacher wish to appoint a motivated, flexible and passionate Teaching Assistant who will make a significant contribution to our school. The successful applicant will support and promote the Catholic ethos of our school.
We are seeking an individual who will:
The successful candidate will have:
- Have experience of working with children with social, communication and sensory difficulties
- Be able to improve the communication and interaction needs of the supported child
- Be able to support the emotional and sensory needs of the child
- Be able to support engagement and challenge the cognition and learning of the child
- Be able to work on child’s targets
- Have experience of working closely with Class Teacher/SENDCO and other professionals
- Be flexible, pro-active and hands on
- Have vision, energy and enthusiasm for this challenge and has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Be experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
- Support the Catholic ethos of our school
How to Apply:
- Experience of working with SEN support
- Experience of teaching individuals and small groups
- Experience in planning learning for individuals and small groups
- Experience of working with children with general and specific learning difficulties
- The ability to use skills, expertise and experience to support pupil learning
- A caring and positive approach to children to ensure all pupils achieve their very best
To complete an online application form please click the 'Apply' button.
Closing date: 03/12/2023
Interview date: TBC
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job is closed for applications.