Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/12/2023 23:55
£31,710 - £37,800
Plus up to £5,000 Accountancy Allowance depending on level of qualification
Hours per week:
This post is available on a full time, part time or job share basis, and flexible working hours can be accommodated.
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to support the Finance function in strategic insight and business solutions? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
About the Team
We are looking to recruit a Management Accountant which sits within the Group Finance Team of the Corporate Centre Group. The Corporate Centre Group delivers a wide range of corporate services to enable people at HM Treasury and many of the other organisations who form part of the Treasury Group (including the Government Internal Audit Agency and the Debt Management Office) to operate effectively and efficiently. We are a diverse group, both in terms of our professions and in our ways of working.
HM Treasury's Group Finance Team comprises approximately 50 staff. We provide high quality advice covering strategic finance, financial management, financial reporting and counter fraud and risk for internal use, and accurate information for Parliamentary control and public accountability purposes.
We are part of the wider Government Finance Function (GFF), which represents and supports the finance community across the civil service. GFF offers a range of developmental opportunities, resources, tools and networks to support us in our roles.
The Financial Management team provide financial insight and decision support to policy teams, our boards and senior leaders in the organisation enabling them to understand the financial and budgetary impact of policy as it develops. The team is responsible for the in-year financial management of our annual departmental budget and forecasting, supporting the annual business planning process, working with the department on new spend proposals and business cases, negotiating with the departmental spending team and liaising with Arm’s Length Bodies (ALBs) to monitor their budgets and spend.
We are a friendly, encouraging, diverse and inclusive team, and we are committed to actively supporting everyone’s well-being and professional development.
About the Job
In this role, you will:
1. Be responsible for a number of regular month end processes
2. Support the Finance Business Partners and Assistant Finance Business Partners in the monthly forecasting process,
3. Support the production of monthly financial management reports for groups
4. Build and maintain strong working relationships with key partners from across the department,
5. Work collaboratively with the other Management Accountants,
6. Flexibly support other finance teams with key financial activities,
7. Play a key role in ensuring undertaking and ensuring the efficacy of key financial controls.
In this role you will need to understand the business of both the core department and its Arm’s Length Bodies (ALBs) and be able to translate and present complex information clearly. You will support the Finance function in the provision of valuable financial advice, challenge and support, strategic insight and business solutions to Directors and build strong interpersonal relationships in your team and the wider organisation.
Candidate Drop-In Session
We will be running a candidate drop-in session for this role to give you greater insight about the role as well as the chance to learn more about HM Treasury and the recruitment process. If you would like to join us, then use the link below to join the call at the right time.
Thursday 23rd November, 1 – 2pm: To access the link please access
Civil Service Jobs
The successful candidate will have experience of analysing and ensuring the integrity of a range of financial data using financial systems, to support the good financial management of the department. You will have the ability to deliver outputs to tight timescales during month end and other key financial deadlines. You’ll be able to work in collaboration with a range of stakeholders within Finance to deliver consistent and robust adjustments and forecasts.
HM Treasury is proud of a diverse and inclusive work environment, committed to fairness and the promotion of equality of opportunity for all. We know that having a range of experiences, ways of working and thinking makes us a stronger organisation, better at developing policy that is reflective of the communities we serve. We embrace different views and experiences and value the fresh perspective that people from a variety of circumstances bring to the work we do. We welcome applications from candidates who have not previously worked for the Civil Service, mid- and late-career changers with transferrable skills, people from all backgrounds and circumstances regardless of disability, ethnicity, LGBT+ identity and socio-economic status.
Some of the Benefits our people love!
For more information about the role and how to apply, please follow the apply link.
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years), plus 8 public holidays and the King’s birthday (unless you have a legacy arrangement as an existing Civil Servant). Additionally, we operate flexitime systems, allowing employees to take up to an additional 2 days off each month
- Flexible working patterns (part-time, job-share, condensed hours)
- Generous parental and adoption leave packages
- Access to a generous Defined Benefit pension scheme with employer contributions of 27%
- Access to a cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme and season ticket advances
- A range of active staff networks, based around interests (e.g. analysts, music society, sports and social club) and diversity (e.g. women in the Treasury, ethnic minority network, LGBT* network, faith and belief network)
If you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in the selection process, please tell us about this in your online application form, or speak to the recruitment team at email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.