Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/08/2018 23:59
Grade 10 £29,909 to £33,136 pro rata
AONB Office, Stanhope
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Co-ordinator to work on a variety of heritage and biodiversity focussed projects for the North Pennines AONB Partnership until 31st March 2020. You will work collaboratively with government agencies, partner organisations, land managers and volunteers to deliver these time-limited projects. Current projects include a wildflower nursery and haymeadow restoration project, the development of a long distance trail, a woodland creation partnership and work on natural flood management. The focus of this project portfolio will change over time, but will always relate to the objectives of the AONB Partnership.
The successful applicant will be expected to:-
• complete our HLF funded ‘Plugging The Gaps’ project which has established a wildflower nursery for the purposes of diversifying our upland haymeadows.
• work up and co-ordinate woodland creation schemes through our partnerships with Northumbrian Water and the Coal Authority and others.
• represent the AONB Partnership at local Catchment Management Group meetings (shared with other members of staff as appropriate).
• lead on, develop, or support other projects relating to the conservation and enhancement of natural or cultural heritage.
• manage project budgets as appropriate.
• supervise such contractors as may be appointed to develop specific projects within the officer’s main areas of responsibility.
Applicants should be educated to degree level in a conservation, ecology, environmental management or related subject together with significant experience of successful working on heritage and/or biodiversity projects. They should be well organised, and have significant experience of working with volunteers, community groups and a variety of other partners on partnership projects.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on Thursday 30th August 2018.
For further information regarding the post, please contact Andy Lees on 01388 528801 or via email at andy.northpenninesaonb.org.uk
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS POST WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH NORTH EAST JOBS, INCLUDING YOUR INVITE TO INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AFTER THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOTIFICATION FROM DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK AS YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED BY ANY OTHER MEANS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL.
In line with the County Council's Recruitment and Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on 03000 262863/267245 or email hrREAL@durham.gov.uk
This job is closed for applications.