Project Engineer - Infrastructure Delivery (R0000073)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/08/2018 23:59
£30,756 - £32,233
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
Service Area: Growth and Place
Salary: GBP 30,756 – GBP 32,233
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contractual Status: Permanent
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post within the Transport and Infrastructure Service.
Middlesbrough is seeing unprecedented development and growth to its transport network and public realm areas. As a result, the service requires a suitably qualified Project Engineer to assist in the delivery of a variety of exciting capital projects across Middlesbrough.
The post holder will provide support to the Principal Engineer, with responsibility for the design and delivery of various projects and schemes to secure transport service improvements and developments, to facilitate economic development and jobs, carbon reduction and health benefits.
Applicants must be self-motivated and have a flexible approach to working arrangements and will have suitable and operational knowledge.
The main areas of responsibilities of the post include:
• Undertake feasibility, design and site supervision of a wide range of high value projects
• Responsibility for project management of schemes from start to finish i.e. consultation and liaison with clients, the public and other stakeholders relevant to the project
• Producing tender documentation in accordance with relevant industry standard conditions of contract (e.g. Infrastructure Conditions of Contract, NEC, ACE)
• Undertake estimating, measurement and valuation of works to relevant industry requirements (e.g. MMHW, CESMM)
• Have responsibility for checking contractual payments, budget estimates, monitoring spend and authorising payment
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Andrew Harvey on 01642 728139.
Closing date: Monday 20th August 2018 by 12 midnight.
This job is closed for applications.