Residential Childcare Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/12/2018 23:59
£17,007 - £20,541
Social Care - Children Service
Are you a compassionate, caring team player who is committed to making a difference? If so, we want to hear from you!
We believe that our staff are one of our most valuable assets in ensuring that every child in our care is happy and healthy.
Based in Jesmond, we are a growing children's residential and short break service. We are looking to expand our fantastic team to support children to have meaningful and fulfilled lives, by helping them to develop the confidence and skills required to enhance independent living.
We offer a range of benefits including:
• A competitive salary
• Increased annual leave allowance (up to 27 days) after 5 years of service
• Comprehensive induction programme
• Excellent in house and external training opportunities
• Development and progression opportunities
• Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications
• Access to a rewards scheme designed to save you money on shopping
- Includes specially arranged discounts, savings and cashback opportunities with a huge list of retailers
• Pension and life assurance schemes
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Access to a range of wellbeing services
We have an excellent reputation for providing bespoke packages of care to children and young people 6 to 19 years. You have a fantastic opportunity to join the team!
We are particularly keen to invite applications from those with experience of working with young people with various complex learning disabilities and behavioural difficulties. Applicants must hold a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care.
A flexible working approach is essential as the post will include working evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Full and Part time positions available.
Please note: due to Ofsted regulations it is a genuine occupational requirement that applicants are aged 21 or over.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
This job is closed for applications.