Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Scholarship Tutor: Full time 35 hours
Foundation of Light, the registered charity of Sunderland Football Club aims to use the power of sport to enhance educational achievement and support sporting ambitions. Already working with over 42,000 participants every year and employing over 180 staff, the Foundation is looking to add to its premier team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and ambitious tutor to join a new project within the Foundation of Light. Our post 16 Sport & Education programme is growing quickly and includes our Coaches Academy, Men’s and Women’s Football Scholarship and Futsal Scholarship. These are all full-time courses that encourages 16-18 year olds with a passion for sport to enhance their development as players and coaches and gain a valuable insight into a career in sport and leisure. Working as part of the Scholarship Tutor team you will ensure the students experience a high-quality education programme where they gain nationally recognised sports industry qualifications.
About the role
Your duties will include:
• Tutoring and assessing on all the post-16 sport programmes, including OCR Cambridge Technical qualifications in Sport at Level 2 and 3 and BTEC in Sport at Level 2 and 3 qualifications as part of Coaches Academy and Scholarship programmes.
Your skills and experience will include:
• An Honours Degree in a sport-related subject such as PE, Sports Development and Management, Sport and Exercise Sciences or in a physical activity or leisure-related subject
• An education degree or post graduate certificate in education
• Teaching/tutoring qualification at minimum Level 4
• An appropriate period of work experience in an education setting as part of your teaching qualification
Working hours are 35 per week, usually between 8.30 – 5.00pm with occasional evening commitments.
Interested applicants should, in the first instance, download application packs from our website www.foundationoflight.co.uk
If you would like to discuss the role further please contact Andy Grant on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 563 4777
To request an application pack contact email@example.com
CVs are not accepted.
Candidates who have not heard within three weeks of application should assume they have been unsuccessful.
The closing date is 5.00pm Monday 10th August 2020
Interviews will be held on Thursday 13th August 2020
Successful applicants will be informed by Tuesday 11th August 2020 of their interview time
Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS Check · Foundation of Light is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Foundation of Light · Beacon of Light · Sunderland · SR5 1SN
Tel: 0191 563 4777
Registered Charity No 1089333