Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/07/2018 12:00
£12,938.66 - £13,292.30 (gross salary per annum)
Attractive benefits for this post include the opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
Are you looking to join a fun and rewarding team with excellent support? Then look no further! We are looking to recruit a team of enthusiastic and motivated Sports Activators who are able to effectively engage students and motivate them to be more active and sustain activity so that it has a positive impact on their physical and mental wellbeing now and in the future, as part of our ‘Get Active’ programme. ‘Get Active’ looks to reduce inactivity within the College population through an offer of physical activity / sport, and lifestyle education, so you will need to be able to promote, plan, deliver and develop safe, fun, engaging and inclusive activities.
What you need to show us:
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Excellent time management skills
• A positive attitude towards work and our customers
Sports Activators should:
• Hold a recognised sports coaching qualification or equivalent (E.G FA Level 1 coaching qualification, BTEC Sports coaching/Development, Community Sports Leaders Award or University Degree – Physical Education/Sports Coaching or Development)
• To activate high quality age appropriate (the majority of sessions would be for young people aged 16-19) multisport sessions within college campuses
• Be able to support and mentor sports apprentices
• Deal with customer enquiries in a professional manner
• Be responsible for ensuring that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health and safety of yourself and others
Sunderland College has an exciting future and we are looking for someone who wants to be part of our transformation. Our campuses are based across Sunderland and Hartlepool and we are the largest multi campus College in the North East. Annually the College delivers education and training to 13,500 students ranging in age from 14-16, 16-18, 19 years and above. Delivery spans all education routes including GCSEs and A Levels, professional and technical education, apprenticeships, higher education and commercial activity.
In the last few years the College has been inspected and achieved ‘good’ with strong features, we recently won a national Beacon Award for our approaches to Employer Engagement, a reflection of the value we place on collaboration and partnerships. We have also achieved TEF Silver for our Higher education teaching and learning. We are Matrix Accredited for our IAG Services and work closely with the NE LEP to embed the Gatsby Good Career Benchmarks across the region as lead college in the North East Ambition: Careers Hub. The College has also recently achieved Continuing Excellence for the Better Health at Work Award.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate, in their personal statement, practical examples of how they fulfil the person specification.
Due to the nature of this post you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Check.
To find out more about this great opportunity visit www.sunderlandcollege.ac.uk/vacancies alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 511 6046 to request an application pack.
All applications must be received by 12:00 noon on 27 July 2018
It is anticipated that interviews will take place during the week commencing 13 August 2018
We are working towards equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to PREVENT and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
This job is closed for applications.