Support Assistant Level 3
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/01/2024 14:00
£19,650 - £20,852 The actual pro rata salary £15,211 - £16,142
Hours per week:
27.5 hours per week
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Archibald First School Archibald Street Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1EB
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Archibald First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Support Assistant Level 3 – Based in Year 4
Fixed term: 1st March 2024 (or sooner if possible) until 19th July 2024
Monday to Friday 8.30am-2.30pm
The governors wish to appoint a creative, talented and innovative Learning Support Assistant with proven experience in Year 2/KS2 who has a passion for supporting children’s learning to enable them to achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their commitment to working as part of a highly successful team, the aim of which is to ensure that all children receive outstanding and inspirational educational experiences, which help them fulfil their potential.
As for all members of staff at Archibald, the successful candidate will actively endorse and deliver the vision of our school, ‘having fun, learning together’, whilst facilitating all children to be curious, caring, creative and courageous.
We are looking for a skilled and effective practitioner with passion, enthusiasm and energy who:
In return, we offer:
- Is an excellent learning support assistant!
- Is creative and proactive in their approach to teaching and learning.
- Is flexible and can use their initiative to meet the needs of the children and the demands of KS2.
- Is an inclusive practitioner with ambitious standards and high expectations for all pupils.
- Has exceptionally high expectations of themselves and of all the children.
- Has experience of being a key worker.
- Is well organised and highly motivated.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoys working in a team.
- Has experience of working with children with additional needs.
Archibald First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and be successful against a range of other recruitment checks.
- A supportive Headteacher and Governing Body
- A dedicated staff team
- Happy, enthusiastic children
- High parental engagement
- A vibrant and cohesive school
- An inclusive and supportive working environment
- Collaborative working with the Gosforth Schools’ Trust
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school by arrangement. To organise a visit, please email Mrs R Turner via firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits can be arranged for the week of the 15th January 2024.
Application forms, person specification, job description and further information are available on the website www.archibaldfirstschool.co.uk.
We request that all applications are emailed where possible. Postal applications sent over the summer holidays will not be received until the 6th September at the earliest due to postal arrangements for the school break.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com marked for the attention of Mrs. R. Turner. Candidates will be requested to sign all documentation in person if successfully short listed. Postal applications should also be sent for the attention of Mrs. R. Turner.
The closing date for applications in Friday 19th January 2024 at 2.00pm
This job is closed for applications.