Teacher - Grindon Infant School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/11/2018 12:00
Starting salary of up to MPR2
Schools - Teaching
Grindon Infant School
SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL
Grindon Infant School
Tel: (0191) 3401931
Headteacher: Mrs A Charlton
Number on Roll: 181
Full Time Fixed Term Temporary Class Teacher to cover a Year 1 Class for 1 year.
School is able to offer a starting salary of up to MPR2, subject to skills and experience.
Required from January 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Head Teacher and Governors of Grindon Infant School would like to offer an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic outstanding teacher to join our successful school.
The Governors are seeking someone who
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner, able to promote high standards of learning across Key Stage 1
• Has at least 1 full years’ experience of teaching
• Is committed to achieving and maintaining high expectations of behaviour and raising children’s achievement
• Can challenge children of all abilities within a stimulating, vibrant learning environment
• Has a clear understanding of assessment for learning principles impacting on the progress of all groups of children
• Is prepared to be involved in the wider life of the school
• Is prepared to take on the subject leader role or a generic area of responsibility
• Is committed to their own professional development
In return we can offer
• An OFSTED judged “GOOD” school (Inspection 21-22 September 2016)
• A friendly, highly supportive atmosphere
• Fabulous, enthusiastic children who are eager to please
• A committed staff team to work alongside
• A well-resourced teaching environment
• High standards of attainment and progress
• Opportunities for professional development
We would warmly welcome visits to our school on Monday 19th November at 1:30pm. Please contact school with your intention to visit to assist with our organisation.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Grindon Infant School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in
accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Application packs are available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be returned to
Grindon Infant School, Gleneagles Road, Grindon, Sunderland, SR4 9QN
This post is not open to job share.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd November by 12 Noon
Shortlisting Date: Monday 26th November
Interview Date: Wednesday 5th December
This job is closed for applications.