Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
Highfield Middle School
Highfield Middle School
Teacher of Computing
Required from September 2022
Maternity contract – Full time
Teachers Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale
Highfield Middle School is a proud school serving the equally proud community of Prudhoe in Northumberland. Our school has a very positive ethos where all individuals are respected and valued, regardless of age, background or beliefs. We are determined that all pupils will be given equal opportunities to thrive and succeed, and we will challenge and support them to overcome all potential barriers to learning. We aim to provide the highest standards of education and value academic excellence, pupil wellbeing and personal development in equal measure.
We are a good (Ofsted 2018) and improving school. More information can be found on our school website, but some key quotes from our most recent Ofsted inspection report can be found below:
• ‘Highfielders’ make good progress at school, feel safe and leave Year 8 with a wide range of skills that prepare them well for the next stage in their education.
• Teaching across the school is consistently good. Some is highly effective in igniting pupils’ curiosity and in pushing them to make rapid gains in their learning. It is underpinned by warm and caring relationships between pupils and staff.
• The headteacher is focused on school improvement, shows a level of empathy to those around him and is bold when difficult decisions need to be made. He carries the support of his staff.
• Disadvantaged pupils make good progress because they are fully engaged in school life.
• Extra-curricular opportunities are strikingly strong at Highfield.
We are proud to be part of the Tyne Community Learning Trust – A multi-academy trust which provides positive collaboration between 9 ambitious and like-minded schools in the Prudhoe area.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and positive Computing teacher from September 2022, to join our team and provide the highest standards of education to our pupils, who are keen to learn.
You will work every day, teaching Computing in Year 5, 6, 7 and 8. You will also be required to teach a small number of lessons in foundation subjects and have a form teacher responsibility.
The successful candidate must:
• Be passionate about teaching Computing
• Be committed to personal and school improvement
• Be an inspirational teacher
• Have excellent classroom management skills
• Be committed to supporting all pupils, including disadvantaged pupils and those with SEND
• Have the highest expectations of our pupils
• Have resilience, ambition and a sense of humour
This role would be equally well suited to a teacher with significant experience or an ambitious candidate who is looking for their first teaching role. Early Careers teachers will be well supported by an experienced mentor and receive additional PPA time.
We firmly believe we offer a fantastic school to work in, with wonderful pupils, brilliant colleagues and a strong and supportive senior team.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If you are invited for interview, you will be required to disclose all unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered, prior to the date of the interview. You may be asked for further information about your criminal history during the recruitment process. If your application is successful, this self-disclosure information will be checked against information from the Disclosure and Barring Service before your appointment is confirmed. This role will include Regulated Activities and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school prior to interview are very welcome. Please contact Jenny Jewitt (School Manager) to arrange a visit:
Application forms can be downloaded from this website.
Completed applications should be returned directly to the school, by email to email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 20th May 2022
Interviews will take place week beginning Monday 23rd May 2022
Headteacher: Richard Oades