Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/03/2019 12:00
MPS: £23,720 - £35,008 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience
Hours per week:
Full time in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions document
Schools - Teaching
Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
Gosforth Federated Academies – Principal: Hugh Robinson
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Start date: September 2019
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspirational, dynamic and industrious teacher of Sociology to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach Sociology at Key Stage 5. The ability to offer a second social science subject (Law, Politics or Psychology) at A level will be an advantage. This is a superb opportunity for a teacher looking to develop in a highly skilled supportive environment.
What we need:
• An outstanding practitioner
• A passion for Sociology
• The ability to teach Sociology at A Level
• The ability to teach a second social science subject (Law, Politics or Psychology)
• The ability to secure excellent achievement across all key stages
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
For further details please email email@example.com. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal to the address above.
Closing date is 12noon, Thursday 28 March 2019.
This job is closed for applications.