Teaching Assistant (Supporting Teaching and Learning) Level 2 - Hipsburn Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/12/2021 23:59
Schools - Support
Hipsburn Primary School
The Governing body of this small but extremely successful, proactive Primary School, set in rural Northumberland, seeks to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our team from January 2022 until July 2022. The successful applicant will work under the guidance of the class teacher to implement agreed work programmes for individuals and groups, in or out of the classroom.
Governors seek an individual who;
• Can work as a member of a team, understanding their role in the classroom and associated responsibilities.
• Has experience of supporting children with SEND working both 1:1 and with small groups
• Has an NVQ 2 for teaching assistants or equivalent with experience of working with children of primary school age
• Can actively promote inclusive practice within the classroom setting to ensure acceptance of all children.
• Encourage children to engage in, and participate in learning activities lead by the class teacher
• Attend to the personal needs of pupils including the implementation of personal learning programmes that may include social, health, physical, hygiene and welfare objectives
• Assist with the management of pupils outside the classroom e.g. lunch times and outside the school e.g. school trips as directed by the class teacher and member of the school’s management.
This post is a fixed term appointment of 13 hours per week over 2 days (it is possible that this could be spread over 4 mornings for the right candidate) from 1st January 2022 to the end of July 2022
Application forms should be emailed to the email address below by Tuesday 7th December 2021
Interviews will take place on Thursday 9th December 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check is required for this post.
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
School Name: Hipsburn Primary School
Full address: Lesbury, Alnwick, Northumberland
Postcode: NE66 3PX
Website address: www.hipsburn.northumberland.sch.uk
This job is closed for applications.