NEAT Team Operative/Driver.1423
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/03/2020 23:59
£18,795 - £19,171
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
"Alexandra Park Depot, Cramlington"
We require NEAT Team Operative / Drivers to join our team at Cramlington.
Permanent, 37 hours per week.
Duties will include:
Individually or as part of a team and under the general direction of senior colleagues:
1. Provide an efficient and effective street cleansing, public convenience and grounds-maintenance service to pre-determined standards and in accordance with predetermined schedules.
2. Liaise with service users and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
3. Ensure the team completes work within the time, quality and specified service standards.
4. Input into risk assessments and method statements to ensure work is performed in a safe and responsible manner.
5. Ensure that machinery, equipment and tools that are used are operated in accordance with manufacturers guidelines and any faults are reported
6. Work collaboratively with team colleagues to ensure that work plans are achieved and quality standards are maintained.
7. Respond to and deal with simple problems referring more complex issues to immediate supervisor (NEAT Team Leader or Senior NEAT Team Leader).
8. Staff will be expected to work across the frontline services in a broad area. The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time.
Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
We are offering:
- A salary range of £18,795 - £19,171
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
Closing date: Midnight on 10th March 2020
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; if Trans applicants have any concerns regarding the process please contact Rebecca Harding (Trans HR Support Officer) on 07770975678 or rebecca.harding@ northumberland.gov.uk.
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
This job is closed for applications.