Deputy Headteacher - Morpeth All Saints Church of England First School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/05/2020 12:00
£41,065 - £45,319
Schools - Teaching
Morpeth All Saints Church of England First School
The Governors of Morpeth All Saints Church of England First School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Deputy Headteacher to work alongside the Headteacher, Governors, staff, children and whole school community. Morpeth All Saints is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2017) in the heart of a thriving community. Our school is warm and welcoming with a caring family ethos focussed on high quality education for all. There would initially be a part time teaching commitment however this may change depending on the needs of the school and you will be required to lead a phase (either of EYFS, KS1 or KS2).
Start date 1st September 2020.
The Governors are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations for the pupils achievement and is creative and innovative in their approach to teaching and learning.
• Has experience of working across more than one Phase and has a strong understanding of the curriculum for each year group across school.
• Has an understanding and proven track record of successful, effective and nurturing leadership and mission, and is able to support, motivate and develop colleagues.
• Has a proven ability to work successfully in partnership (for example with parents, staff, governors, our partner schools and the parish community).
We can offer you:
• A caring, nurturing, supportive, dedicated and hardworking team.
• A strong commitment to your continuing professional and leadership development.
• A challenging and exciting professional opportunity in a highly successful school.
Due to the current situation (at time of posting), we are unable to offer personal visits to the school. However, we can offer you a virtual tour of the school by sending applicants a video of our school and facilities. This can be arranged by contacting Heather Taylor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. In compliance with Northumberland’s policy on obtaining employment references, applicants must use their current or most recent employer as a reference and provide another reference from a previous employer or university. Character references and testimonials are not acceptable. References must cover the complete 3 year period prior to application and additional referees must be provided if necessary to achieve this. Failure to provide suitable references may result in an application being withdrawn. Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by the governing body, not Northumberland County Council.
For further information about school please view our website at: http://www.morpethallsaints.com
To download an application pack please refer to ‘Supporting Documents’ section or via email request to: email@example.com Due to the current situation and to reduce the risk of cross-contamination, we would strongly advise applicants to complete all necessary documentation electronically and return them to the above email address.
Closing Date: 1st May 2020 (12.00 noon)
Shortlisting: Soon after closing date
Interview information: Week beginning 18th May 2020
(This could change due to current situation)
This job is closed for applications.