Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/07/2020 23:59
£21,589 - £23,836
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Tweedmouth Depot, Berwick Upon Tweed
We require a Refuse Team Leader to assist in coordinating the provision of efficient and effective refuse collection & recycling services.
Key Duties include:-
- Assist in determining the most effective deployment of staff and vehicles to ensure that refuse collection and recycling services for household, industrial and commercial waste in a designated area are completed within the agreed time, quality and specified service standards
- Direct and supervise the activities of a team of front line refuse collection staff providing clear guidance and motivating staff to achieve service objectives and quality standards.
- Contribute to the induction, risk assessment, training and development of front line staff, acting as coach and mentor as necessary.
- Receive service requests via administrative support staff and using agreed practices and procedures schedule refuse collection rounds for bulky waste, garden waste and servicing of recycling centres to ensure the smooth & efficient delivery of these services in accordance with quality and customer care standards.
- Promote and maintain a positive relationship with front line staff to develop a climate of harmonious and constructive employee relations.
We are offering:
- A salary of £21,589 - £23,836
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
For more detail please see the Job Description/Person Specification
This is a permanent, full time post
Closing date for applications is Midnight on 23rd July 2020
For further guidance on completing your application and information about our equality and diversity initiatives, please click here Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; if Trans applicants have any concerns regarding the process please contact Rebecca Harding (Trans HR Support Officer) on 07770 975 678 or email@example.com.
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org. "
This job is closed for applications.