Triage Employment Coach.2822
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/12/2020 23:59
£24,982 - £27,741
Employment Coach, Fixed Term until March 31 2021 (Employability Rapid Response Triage team)
The post is open to secondment opportunities in line with current business and service needs. If you would like to apply for this position as a secondment opportunity please discuss this with your line manager first.
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
The NCC Covid-19 Northumberland Response Programme is delivering support to people, businesses and local communities impacted by the labour market downturn resulting from the Coronavirus crisis. The programme will include a business support and recovery package and an employability and skills support package.
The successful candidate will be based with the Employability Team of the Learning and Skills Service, working alongside employability and curriculum programme staff including Employment Coaches, Business Advisers, Customer Service Advisers and Tutors, and with other Council services supporting residents to take up employment and training opportunities.
The primary function of the role is to respond to the increased demand for employment and skills support by people displaced in the labour market as a result of the sharp labour market downturn caused by Covid-19 lockdown measures.
The successful candidate will
- act as a single point of contact for enquiries to the Covid information hub, responding to online and telephone queries, work with other Council services and external agencies to identify residents who need immediate support
- deliver advice and guidance, directing people to online resources, and where appropriate refer them to other appropriate existing employment and skills support programmes or specialist support agencies based on their personal circumstances and needs
- be expected to be able to move away from traditional direct delivery mechanisms to deliver remotely and be innovative and responsive to residents labour market support needs
- have an eye for detail and ability to complete accurate and compliant customer paperwork and financial records and be able to use appropriate mechanisms to track and monitor participants, ensuring quality, compliance and data measures are adhered to.
We are looking for an individual who has the passion, drive and enthusiasm for making a positive impact to those displaced or affected by the current COVD19 crisis and who has an understanding of the support available to residents via existing programmes and services. The successful candidate will have proven experience of supporting workless people into employment, excellent customer service skills, a performance-driven approach to meeting targets, ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, and will be responsive to new demands with a flexible and can-do attitude. Ability to build excellent working relationships with NCC colleagues and productive partnerships and external partners is essential.
The service will be coordinated by NCC’s Employability and Skills service and staff will be based at Wansbeck Workspace and will work on an outreach across Northumberland.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £24,982 - Salary range is £24,982 - £27,741
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to meeting GNE programme and business need)
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Understanding of DWP out-of-work benefits and the wider benefits system
For a copy of the job description please see the supporting documents
This is a full time. fixed term post.
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Gillian Campbell for an informal discussion.
Contact details: E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01670 621222 or M: 07929 775661
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date for application is midnight on 4th December 2020
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants, in particular, may face during a recruitment process; if Trans applicants have any concerns regarding the process please contact Claire Coe (Trans HR Support Officer) on 07775026871 or email@example.com. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job is closed for applications.