Pastoral Manager - Egglescliffe School & Sixth Form College (Vision Academy Learning Trust)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/07/2022 08:30
£22,300 per annum (actual salary)
Hours per week:
37 hours per week Term Time + 5 days
Schools - Support
Stockton On Tees
Egglescliffe is a highly successful and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
• A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere
• Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve
• A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
• Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents
• Opportunities for career development
We seek to appoint a suitably qualified Pastoral Manager – with experience of working with children to support behaviour for learning, reporting to the Head of KS4. The successful candidate will provide pastoral care and student support across two year groups in the secondary phase. The postholder will work with the existing pastoral/house teams to promote the culture of the school and support the delivery of Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development (SMSC) and Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PHSE) education. Acting as the first point of contact for parents of students in these year groups, they will be responsible for promoting positive behaviour amongst all pupils and for working with pupils, staff and parents/ carers to manage pupil behaviour and supporting students with their learning, working to ensure they have the opportunity to fully realise their potential.
The successful candidate must have:
• Experience of working to support behaviour for learning.
• Possess a successful track record of making a difference to young people in order to facilitate academic achievement.
• An understanding of the key factors that affect the way students learn and deploy a range of strategies to establish a purposeful learning environment and promote good behaviour.
• A professional, nurturing and resilient approach.
• Commitment and dependability within the workplace with ability to use your own initiative and manage your time effectively.
• The willingness to work flexibly and constructively as part of a team, managing pupil behaviour as and if required in a positive and supportive manner.
• The ability to establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with collaborative schools that are passionate about the progress and development of every student.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit either www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application to: Mrs T Probert, PA to the Head Teacher and SLT, via email to: email@example.com
Interviews will be held w/c 4th July 2022
This job is closed for applications.