Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/06/2022 23:59
£18,887p.a. starting salary with career progression
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council prides itself on being a great place to work where staff are trusted, valued and supported to make a positive contribution at work. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individual to join us as a Trainee Data Analyst. If you're looking for the opportunity to kick start your career in Data Analytics, we would welcome an application from you.
This is a great opportunity to work within the Revenue, Benefits and Welfare teams to collect, organise and study data to provide business insight and intelligence. The role will involve the collection compiling and cleaning of data, and identifying data sources to meet service requirements. You will be responsible for producing performance dashboards for the service using PowerBi, identify analyse and interpret trends or patterns in data, ensure it is appropriately stored in line with GDPR, and have opportunity to make recommendations to make real improvements for the benefit of the service and people of our borough.
In return we will offer you the opportunity to study towards a Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship qualification and DA-100 Analysing Data with Microsoft Power Bi. You will be offered a fixed term contract allowing you sufficient time to achieve the qualifications with the potential to secure longer term employment upon completion.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: All candidates are required to meet the minimum essential requirements set out below. Please address in your application how you meet the following:
• Level 3 qualification (e.g. Apprenticeship, A-Levels/BTEC etc) OR equivalent work experience (typically 2 years in a relevant role)
• Minimum 5 GCSEs Grade 4 (C) or above which must include English & Maths
• Excellent IT Skills – experience using Excel and Microsoft products (or similar)
• Strong numerical skills
• Attention to details
• Communication skills and team work experience
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: We offer an excellent total reward package for apprentices including:
• Competitive salary for a Trainee role
• Annual Leave Entitlement - 26 Days plus Bank Holidays
• Flexible Working – Flexi-time and the ability to work away from the office / at home in line with the Council’s policy after an initial 6 month probation period
• Health & Wellbeing Support – including Counselling and Physiotherapy Services
• Learning & Development opportunities
• Fixed Term contract – allowing sufficient time to complete your qualification
• Potential to secure longer-term employment with Council
SALARY & CAREER PROGRESSION: We offer a starting salary of Grade C – SCP3 £18,887p.a. £9.79per hour (subject to pay award) with career and salary progression upon completion of certain milestones in your training and demonstration of work at the appropriate level.
CONTRACT DURATION: 18 Months
HOW TO APPLY: Please ensure you submit an online application form by the closing date of Wednesday 6th July 2022. Please ensure you refer to the information included in the Advert, Job Description and Person Specification when completing your application
If you would like an informal discussion about the apprenticeship opportunity, please contact Sally Harrison, Systems and Service Development Manager on 01642 526797 or email: email@example.com
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’.
This job is closed for applications.