Administrative Assistant Level 3
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/10/2022 12:00
£19,650 - £20,852 per annum (N04), Actual salary- £8,577 - £9,102 (5 x mornings per week) or £8,655 - £9,184 (3 x days per week)
Hours per week:
19 hours per week
Schools - Support
South Gosforth First School, Alnmouth Drive, South Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1YF
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
South Gosforth First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
19 hours per week (working pattern to be negotiated – 5 x mornings per week or 3 x full days per week), term time only plus 3 additional days throughout the academic year.
Contract Type: Fixed Term until end of Summer Term 2023 in the first instance, with the potential of being made permanent towards the end of academic year 2022-2023
South Gosforth First School have a brilliant opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join our wonderful staff team.
Duties will include:
• organising, maintaining and monitoring of school data,
• administration of school trips and events,
• processing invoices and finance administration,
• providing administrative support to the senior leadership team and Governing Body,
• providing excellent customer service using effective communication; face to face, school/home communication, email, telephone
The right candidate will:
• be able to work independently and use their initiative, as well as being part of a team
• have excellent communication skills, both in writing and face to face, to be able to deal effectively with pupils, parents, staff and visitors
• understand the issues and concerns of young people
• be able to work under pressure in a busy school office, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Interviews will be held week commencing 17th October with a view to start as soon as possible after October half term.
Mental Health and Wellbeing statement
South Gosforth First School has a learning environment which promotes and enhances the positive mental health of the whole school community, recognising that healthy relationships underpin positive mental health and have a significant impact on learning and wellbeing. We champion the expectation that 'mental health is everyone's responsibility' and that there are ‘no outsiders’ in our school.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
South Gosforth First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, pre-interview references and an enhanced DBS check.
Application forms and further details are available on the school website www.sgfs.uk. If you require any further information please email Mrs K Valentine, School Business Manager on the email address below.
All completed application and safer recruitment forms should be returned before the closing date and time to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th October 2022 at 12:00 noon
This job is closed for applications.