Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/02/2024 23:59
£37,336 - £41,418
Social Work - Adult Service
Dene Park House, Corbridge Road, Hexham
Social Worker, Adult Social Care (Permanent, full time 37 hrs per week)
We are on an exciting mission in social care to provide excellent service to our local population and this is a brilliant opportunity to join our busy Care and Support Team in West Northumberland. The Team is based in Dene Park House which is 22.5miles from Newcastle Upon Tyne
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Social Worker to join our Care and Support Team covering the West of Northumberland and associated Primary care Networks.
About the role:
- As a key worker for adults with care needs over 18 years of age, you will be the main point of contact for advice and support for them and their families.
- You will also lead in ensuring their safety in their day to day lives and to help them live as full and independent a life as possible.
- The role will include responsibility for completing Care Needs Assessments, taking into consideration Safeguarding, reviewing the need for continuing healthcare and promoting self-directed support. You will also complete Mental Capacity Act Assessments.
- You will work within our West Care and Support Team alongside other Social Workers and Care Managers and link closely with GP practices, community health services, district nurses and the voluntary sector
- You will need to have a strong commitment to enabling and empowering service users to live independently in the community and help them think creatively about how they can do that. There will be a focus on managing risk and ensuring service users are protected from significant harm.
- You will need to be able to work well as part of a fast-paced team and well independently and have good time management skills and an ability to prioritize workload.
- You will need strong advocacy, communication and IT skills. Full training and IT training will also be given.
This position is NCC Band 8 salary - £37,336 - £41,418
- Degree in Social Work
- Due to the nature of this role, it is an essential requirement that the post holder has a valid driving licence and has access to a car they can use for work purposes.
For further information please see the attached job description and person specification attached.
For an informal conversation, please contact Lynn Elliott, Senior Manager, on 07920138905 or Lynn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
• 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
• Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexi scheme for majority of roles – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
• Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
• Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
• Car leasing scheme
•A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
•Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
For further information:
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see the attached guidance notes here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email email@example.com or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Alternative application format:
British Sign Language: northumberlandcc-cs.signvideo.net
For those with speech difficulties or hearing loss: Text relay service dial 018001 01670 623930.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.
This job is closed for applications.