Deputy Manager (Solo Children’s Residential Provision)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£39,186 pa (plus sleep in allowances)
Social Care - Children Service
Solo Children’s Residential Provision, South Tyneside. East Boldon
(Solo Children’s Residential Provision, South Tyneside)
£39,186 pa (plus sleep in allowances)
A fantastic opportunity awaits the right person who:
- Can make a difference to a child’s life.
- Can support and care for a child with disabilities.
- Can work as part of a team to deliver high quality care.
In South Tyneside, our children and families are at the forefront of everything we do. We want every child and family to feel supported in times of need and empowered to make the right decisions; we are committed to making a difference. We take pride in our Children’s Residential Service, where staff are valued, supported, and trusted to drive this vision forward.
We are excited to expand our Residential offer with the development of a purpose built one bed, children’s home in South Tyneside, for one child with disabilities.
We are excited to expand our Residential offer with the development of a one bed children’s home for a young person with disabilities. The young person has very complex needs and requires support for many aspects of daily life. The young person has a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder with ADHD tendencies and associated learning disability.
These are exciting times to work in Children and Young Peoples Residential Care with South Tyneside Council. The service is enjoying a considerable financial investment and improving outcomes for young people is a corporate priority. We are seeking a committed, experienced and pro-active Deputy Manager to help us achieve our ambitions for young people.
As the Deputy Manager for the Children’s Home, you will support the Registered Manager in ensuring the residential childcare officers are actively taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality care including working directly with children and their families. You will deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence.
- You will have significant experience of delivering a wide range of interventions with children and young people.
- You have a proven ability to place the child / young person and family at the centre of all practice and decision making.
- You will have significant experience of child protection and working within policies and procedures.
- You have a proven ability to establish working relationships with children, families and partner agencies.
- You will have experience of working with children with disabilities and additional needs.
- You will have significant experience of working as a part of a team in a management role.
- You will have a level 3 Children and Young People qualification or equivalent.
- You will have a qualification in management or commitment to work towards one.
- You will benefit from an excellent provision of support and personal and professional development opportunities.
We offer an excellent benefits package and further information is available here - www.southtyneside.gov.uk/workinghere.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Darren Bird, Operations Manager- Residential Service on 07885916978 between 9 – 5 Weekdays.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment check.
Please note that if you apply for this role, all communication regarding your application will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, please ensure you check your junk mail.
**Please note: The Closing date has been extended further to Noon, 12 April 2024.
Interviews are to take place on an on-going basis.