Sunderland Care and Support – ‘Helping you live the life you choose’
Sunderland Care and Support is a newly formed company owned by Sunderland City Council which provides a wide range of service to support vulnerable adults to lead the lives they choose.
We encourage people to enjoy an independent, active, and healthy life and provide support to those in need to help them to do this. A wide range of help is available, including support at home, day opportunities, short break care, access to supported housing and employment, equipment to help with daily living and a wide ranging advice service. We have over 1000 staff working 24/7 within these services
Sunderland Care and Support’s Aims and Objectives are to:-
• Provide excellent Social Care Services to people, promoting recovery, Independence, Inclusion, Health and Wellbeing.
• Enable individuals to have the opportunity to exercise choice & control and
support people to shape their own lives.
• Deliver high quality excellent services, which meet individual needs
• To enable even those most disabled or disadvantaged, to participate as active citizens in their community.
• To create innovative housing and support solutions for vulnerable people - moving resources away from residential care