Nursery Teaching Assistant
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/12/2018 12:00
Schools - Support
Wylam First School
VACANCY: NURSERY TEACHING ASSISTANT – BAND 4
Fixed Term Contract (7 January to 19 July 2019)
Part time - term time only
22.5 hours per week.
£18,870-20,541 FTE per annum (£9,604-10,455 pro rata)
Wylam First School is a successful and popular small, inclusive school set in a beautiful semi-rural location. We have enthusiastic and friendly pupils, together with dedicated and hardworking staff and a governing body. Further information about our school can be found on our website.
Our Governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Teaching Assistant to support their successful Nursery team from 7 January 2019. The main duties of this role are set out in the Job Description available from this website.
The successful candidate will have:
• Suitable and relevant EYFS qualification
• Good standard of Literacy and Numeracy with good communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of child development and how to effectively plan experiences to promote progress
• Working knowledge of the EYFS statutory framework
• Experience of working with children with a variety of needs
• Ability to ensure that every child reaches their potential and thrives
• A commitment to developing the whole child
• Experience of working closely with parents and outside agencies
• High expectations of themselves and others
• Enthusiasm, flexibility and resilience.
The working pattern will be:
Monday 8:45-12:15 3.5hrs
Tuesday 8:45 – 12:15 3.5hrs
Wednesday 8:45 – 3:15 6hrs
Thursday 7:30 – 12:15 4.75hrs
Friday 7:30 – 12:15 4.75hrs
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
Informal discussions or visits to the school prior to interview are encouraged. Please contact Angela Lough (Office Manager) to arrange a visit – telephone 01661 852771.
Application forms can be downloaded from this website and are also available from the school by telephoning the school office.
Completed applications should be returned directly to Wylam First School either by post or e-mail:
Wylam First School
Northumberland NE41 8EH
Closing date: : 12noon on 12 December 2018.
Interview date: 17 December 2018.
This job is closed for applications.