Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/03/2019 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Kielder Community First School
KIELDER FIRST SCHOOL AND NURSERY
CLASS TEACHER – Main Pay Scale
£23,720-£35,008 FTE per annum
Permanent, Variable hours Contract 0.6 to full time – initially full time
We welcome applications from NQTs
Kielder First School is an outstanding school based in Kielder Village. Kielder Water and Forest Park is stunningly beautiful and provides many opportunities for teaching and learning. We are a small school where children are treated as individuals and all staff work together to ensure every child reaches their potential. Further information about the school can be found on our website: http://www.kielderfirstschool.org.uk
Our governors are looking to appoint a highly motivated Class Teacher to join their team, working initially in the Early Years/Year 1 classroom. The start date is negotiable.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Primary Phase Education Degree or First Degree and PGCE
Experience and skills
• Consistently good or outstanding teaching in EYFS, KS1 or KS2
• Experience of working with small, mixed age classes
• Use of assessment to enhance learning and progress
• Experience of supporting SEND children to make better than expected progress
• Ability to be sensitive and flexible to the needs of different pupils
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• A clear understanding of Safeguarding and Keeping Children Safe in Education
• A commitment to Equal Opportunities
• Professional, aspirational, well organised and enthusiastic
• Resilient, proactive and highly motivated with a strong level of initiative
• Flexible with a good sense of humour
• A keenness to work as part of a team and an understanding of the demands of working in a very small school.
In return we can offer a rewarding position in a beautiful setting, where every day is different.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
Informal discussions or visits to the school prior to interview are encouraged. Please contact Mrs. Fay Hartland, Headteacher to arrange a visit. Tel: 01434 250257
Application forms can be downloaded from this website and are also available from the school by telephoning the school office.
Completed applications should be returned directly to the school either by post to Kielder Community First School, Kielder, Hexham, Northumberland. NE48 1HQ or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 25th March 2019
This job is closed for applications.