Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/04/2019 23:59
Grade 7, £22,911 - £26,317 (pro rata)
Schools - Support
St Patrick’s RC Primary School, Consett
Required for 1st September 2019
Temporary until 31st August 2020
25.9 (0.7) hours per week / Term Time Only plus two additional weeks
Required for September, a higher level teaching assistant who has relevant experience and qualifications in delivering sport and PE in primary school.
The role will include working with a range of groups and whole classes, developing children’s skills, knowledge and positive attitudes through a range of sports and physical education opportunities.
Additionally, the role will include the provision and management of a range of after school sports opportunities and clubs. The development of class, school and cluster competitions will also be central to the role.
We are looking for someone who:
• is able to bring their own skills to support the excellent teaching and learning in our school;
• can create positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
• has a willingness to undertake further training (e.g. First Aid);
• demonstrates a commitment to contribute to the extended life of the school.
• is a caring and understanding, who enjoys working with children and is committed to supporting high standards for learning and behaviour;
• has a desire to be involved in all aspects of school life and can contribute positively to a dynamic and hardworking team.
1. Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification .
2. Recent experience working with primary age pupils on sports activities.
3. Coaching qualifications across a range of sports.
4. Demonstrable levels of numeracy & literacy equivalent to NVQ Level 4 (or by test).
5. Evidence of specialism in specific curriculum areas.
Application packs are available from the School Business Manager, Mrs Julie Cassidy, St. Patrick’s RC Primary School, Stanley Street, Consett, DH8 6LN on receipt of a large SAE or via email from: email@example.com
Completed application forms should be returned to the school. Please note that email applications will not be accepted.
We warmly welcome and encourage applicants to visit our school. Please telephone the school to arrange a suitable time. (01207 503982)
Closing date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
St Patrick’s RC Primary School
Telephone: 01207 503 982
This job is closed for applications.