Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/12/2019 23:59
£21,166 - £23,836 Grade 6
You will be based in a locality within County Durham. However, you may be required to work at any Durham County Council location, according to the needs of the service.
Children and Young Peoples Services
Progression & Learning - DurhamWorks
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/19/327
Post title: Progression Worker - a number of posts – full time – temporary until 31/07/2021
Salary: £21,166 - £23,836 Grade 6
Job Location: You will be based in a locality within County Durham. However, you may be required to work at any Durham County Council location, according to the needs of the service.
We are seeking to appoint a number of Progression Workers to engage with and provide support to young people to enable them to progress into and remain in education, employment or training, as part of their successful transition into adult life.
The successful candidate will be required :
• To utilise creative approaches in order to engage and maintain contact with harder to reach young people.
• To develop integrated working to ensure targeted groups of young people who are NEET are identified and supported to achieve improved outcomes and progression.
• To manage own caseload, using the Local Authority CCIS (Client Caseload Information System) and other case management systems as appropriate.
• To accurately maintain and update client records using the Local Authority CCIS, including all interventions, follow-ups and destinations, in order to contribute to accurate Management Information.
• To support young people in activities such as job search, CV sessions, job applications and applications to education and training providers.
(a full list of duties and responsibilities can be found in the attached documents)
Required qualifications: Level 3 qualification in Information, Advice and Guidance or Youth Work or a Level 2 qualification in either of the above or a relevant subject with a willingness to work towards a Level 3 qualification in Information, Advice and Guidance”
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information about the post please contact Karen Hudson on 03000 267486 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Thursday 9 January 2020.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact Payroll & Employee Services on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.