Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/01/2020 23:59
£26,298 - £35,617
Schools - Teaching
Burnside Primary School
Temporary until 31 August 2020 - Full Time
The Head Teacher and Governors wish to appoint a Year 6 Teacher who will be responsible for teaching and learning in Year 6 and will be required from Monday 9th March 2020. Our school is a warm and vibrant place to be and we wish to employ a teacher who can contribute to our motivated, happy team to cover the maternity leave of the current post holder.
As a classroom teacher in our enthusiastic team, you will teach children within Year 6, planning and preparing classes and lessons, assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils assigned to you. You will contribute and participate in the team working ethos of the school and maintain our values, both inside and outside of the classroom.
The successful candidate will:
• Plan and deliver the National Curriculum subjects for all pupils within the class
• Provide clear structures for lessons and for sequences of lessons, which maintain pace, motivation and challenge.
• Facilitate tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest
• Set clear targets and build on prior attainment
• Set appropriate and demanding expectations.
• Make effective use of assessment information on pupil’s attainment and progress.
• Maintain good order and discipline in accordance with the academy’s procedures.
• Have recent experience of teaching upper Key Stage 2 children (preferably Year 6)
In return we can offer:
• A happy school with enthusiastic and friendly children
• Year 6 children who are driven to achieve
• A positive, caring and supportive school ethos
• A safe and well-resourced learning environment
Application forms are available from this website and should be returned to the school.
Closing date for completed applications is 17 January 2020
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. These will take place on Friday 10th January 2020.
This job is not open to job share
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required’
Teaching observations will take place on Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th January
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 29th January
Burnside Primary School
Tel: 01207 234020
This job is closed for applications.