Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 31/01/2020 12:00
£18,065 - £18,426 pro rata
Schools - Support
Villa Real School
Required as soon as possible
Term Time Only + 5 days
Part Time: 20 hours (additional hours may become available in the future)
The Governors wish to appoint an ICT Technician with the skills and competencies to provide an efficient and effective ICT Support Service to the School.
Accountable to the Head Teacher and School Business Manager, the successful candidate will have the skills to be able:
• To work independently and show initiative in providing an ICT Support Service covering Hardware, Software and Peripherals. This includes administration of the network, maintenance of related equipment and other learning resources.
• To maintain the school website, database administration and occasional staff training.
• To program the light and sound system for the pool.
• To maintain and assist staff in using the projector and computer system in the Hall.
• To work logically and methodically to set deadlines.
• To maintain accurate manual and electronic records relating to all work carried out and produce relevant documentation where appropriate.
• To safely store and secure all equipment and associated materials.
• To be responsible for managing the class alarms.
• To be responsible for maintaining the whiteboards, printers and photocopiers, and dealing with service contractors where necessary.
• To be responsible for production of the School newsletter.
• To be responsible for updating the school plan.
• To be maintain and set up passwords and email accounts for staff.
• To attend training as determined by the Head teacher.
Application forms are available from this website and should be returned to the school.
Closing date for completed applications is 31st January 2020 at noon
Villa Real is a school for children with severe, profound multiple learning difficulties, Autism and challenging behaviour.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
This job is not open to job share
Villa Real School
Villa Real Road
Tel: 01207 503651
This job is closed for applications.