Headteacher - Sunningdale School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/10/2020 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Tel: 0191 5280440
Headteacher: Celia Wright
Required: 1st April 2021
Salary Range: L20 – L24
Applications are invited for the position of HEADTEACHER
Due to the forthcoming retirement of the Head teacher of this outstanding school, the Governors of Sunningdale School are seeking to appoint and exceptional and committed Head Teacher. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational leader to provide dynamic strategic leadership to take the school to the next stage of its development. Our current Ofsted rating is outstanding in all areas and the school requires a Head Teacher who will continue to support our continued journey for excellence.
Our school supports pupils age 3 – 11 years with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties/disabilities.
We are looking for a Head Teacher who will:
• Demonstrate strong and fair leadership skills.
• Have secure knowledge of the curriculum for pupils with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties/disabilities.
• Be passionate about a culture where everyone is valued and encouraged to succeed.
• Be an inspirational leader with the vision to further enhance the quality of curriculum for our learners.
• Be inclusive, passionate and creative about teaching and learning and believe in the potential and wellbeing of all pupils and staff.
• Relentlessly pursue high quality outcomes for our pupils.
• Continue the highly successful collaboration with schools as part of the Teaching school alliance
• Continue to develop and enhance our strong partnership with parents.
• Provide governors with new ways to innovate and develop the school to build capacity further.
If you are an experienced Headteacher or deputy Headteacher in a special school or setting for children and young people with complex severe and profound learning difficulties, this role provides you with an unparalleled opportunity to lead and develop an inclusive and dynamic school.
You must have a proven record of involvement in school improvement with a clear vision of excellence in special educational needs with regards to evidenced based approaches. Whilst displaying compassion you will work with colleagues to identify innovative ways to continually improve performance.
How to apply:
Visits to the school, led by the Chair of Governors, are warmly welcomed between 3.30 – 5.30pm on 15th October 2020. If you would like to come along to meet us, please contact the school office by telephone: 0191 528 0440.
Application packs are available to download from NE Jobs or by contacting the HR team at Together for Children (0191 561 7233). Please return completed applications to: email@example.com
• The closing date for applications is noon on the 23rd October 2020
• Short listing will be held on 28th October 2020
• Interviews will be held on 9th/10th November 2020
If you do not hear anything within 6 weeks of the shortlisting date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
The Governing Board of Sunningdale School and Sunderland City Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This job is closed for applications.