Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£27,041 pa pro rata
Schools - Support
Marine Park Primary School/Whitburn Primary School, Blue Skies Federation
Family Welfare Officer, 37 hpw (Term Time Only + 5 Days)
(Marine Park Primary School/Whitburn Primary School, Blue Skies Federation)
£27,041 pa pro rata
Required for January 2021
Blue Skies Federation is excited to announce this fantastic opportunity for a Family Welfare Officer to join the teams at Marine Park and Whitburn Primary Schools.
This is a new role where you can truly make a difference to children and their families. In this job role, you will work across the schools, supporting children and families on a range of issues including: safeguarding and social and emotional well-being ensuring our children and their families have the best life chances possible.
Alongside the Inclusion Team, the successful candidate will support the monitoring of attendance, help parents with accessing appropriate welfare provision, encouraging and enabling them to become fully involved in the life of the school and supporting families by working with different agencies through the Early Help process.
This is a unique opportunity, where you will be able to develop your skills and experience to positively enhance the learning and life experiences of pupils and their families
We are seeking:
• An experienced and highly skilled professional with a proven track record.
• A driven and effective team player who will work well as part of the Inclusion Team.
• A person who will continue to improve our provision for all members of our learning community.
• An individual who has high levels of integrity, courage and a commitment to school-to-school collaboration.
• A 'people person' who can cultivate effective working relationships with parents and families, sometimes delivering tough messages with care and sensitivity.
• Someone passionate about making a difference to children's lives.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email email@example.com or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Closing date: Noon, 30 October 2020.
Please may we ask you to submit your Application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org where possible. We apologise but due to the circumstances there may be unavoidable delays in the receipt and processing of posted Application forms.