Teaching and Learning Support Assistant - Ryhope Junior School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£20,092 - £21,748
Schools - Support
Ryhope Junior School
Post Title: Teaching and Learning Support Assistant
Job Location: Ryhope Junior School
Directorate: Together for Children
Responsible to: Headteacher
Position No: 50005009
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Grade 3 pt 7-11
£20,092 - £21,748 FTE pro rata to weeks worked
Hours of work: 37 hours per week – term time only (39 weeks)
8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Thursday
8:30 am – 3:45 pm Friday
Information about the Post
We are looking to recruit a kind, patient, enthusiastic and experienced Level 3 Teaching Assistant (or equivalent experience), to support children in our school. At Ryhope Junior School we recognise the wonderful potential of each and every child. To help us do this as widely as possible, we wish to appoint a full time Teaching and Learning Support Assistant to join our great team.
The role of this person is to work in partnership with children, families and staff to enable children, particularly the most disadvantaged, to have full access to educational opportunities and overcome barriers to learning and participation.
We are looking for someone who has the skills to focus on preventative and early intervention activities, working directly with children by empowering them and their families to get the most out of the fantastic educational opportunities here at Ryhope Junior School.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of our school team, in partnership with parents to support their children’s academic needs including emotional, social, physical and health needs.
We need someone to be able to follow and deliver programmes planned in conjunction with the class teacher and SENDCo, as well as working on your own initiative. You will be sensitive to the needs of the pupil and support them to maximise their learning outcomes.
We care passionately about our staff, their well-being and their professional development and this is reflected in the fact that we are an enthusiastic team, committed to working collaboratively and sharing the very best practice.
We are looking for someone who is:
• experienced in delivering KS1 and KS2 phonic and basic writing skills interventions
• experienced in supporting children with social, emotional and mental health needs
• creative and innovative, especially in order to bring learning to life
• committed to team work, sharing and receiving ideas for the benefit of the children in our care
• able to work proactively, with a high level of commitment
• experienced in working within an educational setting with children (employed or as a regular volunteer)
• experienced in working with children who have additional needs
• educated to GCSE Maths and English standard (minimum Grade 4) or equivalent
We can offer you the opportunity to:
• work in an inclusive and caring school
• join a strong team environment that takes staff well-being seriously
• work with a dedicated Senior Leadership Team who want to see their staff progress and flourish in their career
• develop your skills alongside a team of dedicated and highly professional staff who are deeply committed to improving the life chances of the children in our local community
• be supported in your role by a range of school based and external expertise
• develop professionally including relevant training, where appropriate
Experience of working with children with special educational need in the areas of communication and interaction, literacy and numeracy is essential to this post. We are very committed to integration and inclusion for all our children and seek to appoint individuals who share this vision.
Socially distanced visits to the school are highly recommended and can be arranged for either Friday, 16th October at 4:00pm or Monday, 19th October at 4:00 pm. Please contact Mrs Lough, School Business Manager (Telephone: 0191 9172969) to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to enhanced DBS, medical and reference checks.
If you can share our commitment to working as a whole school team to provide the best possible learning environment for the children in our care, we look forward to hearing from you.
Ryhope Junior School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
An Application Form and further information are attached in the Supporting Documents or can be obtained by sending a large stamped addressed envelope to the School Business Manager, Mrs A Lough at Ryhope Junior School, Shaftesbury Avenue, Ryhope, Sunderland SR2 0RT.
Completed Application forms should be returned for the attention of Mrs Lough, School Business Manager via email to email@example.com or via post to the address stated above.
Closing Date: Friday, 30th October at 5:00 pm
Shortlisting Date: Wednesday, 4th November
Interview Date: Wednesday, 18th November