Energy Management Specialist
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/02/2021 14:00
£36,922 - £38,890
Mileage allowance (limited)
The post is located at Fairway House, Redcar however working from home is a major part of the role.
“This is Redcar and Cleveland. We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.”
This post is based at the centre of the council in the Resources Directorate which has key responsibility for managing the council’s money and people, as well as ensuring that democratic decisions are well informed and legally sound.
Energy Management Specialist - the post holder will be the figurehead position for a very busy team within Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council. The role holder must have experience of working in the relevant field.
• Substantial experience working in energy management and/or carbon reduction areas.
• Substantial experience in managing technical staff/contractors/stakeholders as elements of SLA.
• Proven record of Project Management.
• Experience in maintaining a utility supplies contract portfolio and using specialist monitoring software i.e. SystemsLink
• Experience in Building Energy Management Systems
• Preparing and delivering relevant presentations to local cabinet members and members of the public.
• Flexible approach to work by responding to the needs of the services including, at times, requirements to work beyond normal working hours
• Commitment to own continuous personal and professional development
• Strong team player, committed to an ethos of continuous improvement
• Proven ability to respond to internal and external pressures of the job including complex customer concerns
• Proven ability of ensuring that deadlines are met and work is prioritised accordingly
Please refer to the JDPS for further information and requirements.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team with the ability to achieve and be part of projects that will benefit the Borough.
The council holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
This job is closed for applications.