Administration and Data Assistant
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19,698
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
An approved team location.
Children and Young People's Service
Administration and Data Assistant - x 2 posts
Temporary until December 2021
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
An opportunity has arisen for 2 full time temporary Administration and Data Assistants who will play an active part in providing administration and data support to the DurhamWorks project.
The post holder will;
- Input learner information and ensure Individual Records are kept up to date
- Operate a range of computer software such as Word, spreadsheets and databases
- Respond to requests for advice and information from staff, service users and stakeholders with respect to DurhamWorks.
- Provide a quality message taking service during normal office hours.
- Answer the telephone, transferring and taking calls and messages as necessary and respond to web site requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain and retrieve information from paper and electronic filing systems.
- Ensure that all paperwork relating to learning activity is collected, stored and retrieved efficiently from both paper based and computer systems.
- Monitor resources and requisition supplies when necessary.
- Provide administrative support at project events when required.
- Work throughout the County providing flexible cover as appropriate. Work with colleagues to ensure offices are covered during normal office hours.
- Provide mentoring support to the Level 2 apprentices.
Applicants should hold 4 GCSEs (A-C grades including English Language or Literature), or GNVQ (Intermediate in Business) or NVQ 2 Business (or equivalent) NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent together with experience of working with the public in a clerical/administration role.
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity please contact Emma Widdowson, Emma.Widdowson@durham.gov.uk.
It is expected that virtual interviews will take place on 23 March 2021 .
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line via the jobs portal or for further assistance contact the Payroll & Employee Services Team via e-mail at NEJ@durham.gov.uk or PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means