Biddick Academy - Head of Year
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£25,714 - £41,604
Schools - Teaching
Head of Year 2 FTE
Required for September 2021
MPS/UPR plus TLR 1a
The opportunity has arisen to appoint two Head of Years who can inspire while overseeing the link between pastoral and academic achievements to ensure the very best outcomes for every student.
The successful candidate will be a strong teacher who is able to work effectively as part of the pastoral team and lead and develop a team of form tutors. The successful candidate will have:
• An understanding of the monitoring and tracking procedures within school for pastoral and academic success;
• A knowledge and understanding of strategies for ensuring positive behaviour and engagement in learning;
• A commitment to and knowledge of effective interventions aimed at improving progress;
• The ability to address sensitive matters with a caring approach and appropriate confidentiality;
• The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with various stakeholders.
We actively welcome socially distanced visits outside of the school day and would be delighted to show you around our Academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment and facilities.
Please contact Mrs Vivienne Stonebridge Stonebridge.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 5111600, ext 5013 to arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion regarding the role.
To apply, please complete an application form and return to Mrs V Stonebridge HR Manager at the email address above.
Biddick Academy is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect that all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post, along with pre-employment safeguarding checks.
Closing date for application: Tuesday 11 May 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Thursday 20 May 2021