School Office Administration Assistant
Term-time only (Permanent)
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/09/2021 12:00
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Howden le Wear Primary School
School Administration Assistant
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking to employ a full time Administration Assistant to join our welcoming and efficient administration team.
The role will primarily involve:
• Reception duties
• Provide general/clerical admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, completion of standard forms, respond to routine correspondence
• Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
• Recording and handling of cash/cheque payments along with ‘Parentpay’ online payment facility
• Undertake typing and word-processing and other IT based tasks
• Sort and distribute mail
The hours of work are 37 hours per week - to be worked between 8am and 4pm each day.
• Possess ‘Essential Criteria’ on Person Specification
• Be flexible and willing to learn new skills.
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and a satisfactory health screening questionnaire.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Calculation of term time only pay
Standard term time only pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive
31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 44.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 45.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Application forms and additional information are available from the school office, via email, phone or our website and should be returned to school for the attention of the Headteacher.
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th September 2021 at 12 noon
Only candidates shortlisted will receive notification of interview. Interviews will include formal testing in Maths and English before formal interview.
Howden le Wear Primary School
Howden le Wear,
This job is closed for applications.