NEAT Sports & Cycling Programme Coordinator
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/11/2023 23:59
N5 £26,873 - £28,770 per annum (Actual Salary £23,075 - £24,703)
Schools - Support
Hedley Court, North Shields, NE29 7ST
This post is term time only plus 5 additional training days, and the actual salary for the post is £23,075 - £24,703 per annum
Fixed term until 31st August 2024
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual who has experience in running sports events, coordinating sports focused activities to children and young people in a school environment. In addition, this new role will also support the implementation of NEAT’s Cycling Strategy, including the delivery of staff training, pupil sessions and lead rides so a Cycle Leaders qualification or the willingness to undertake the training is required.
You should have a passion for transforming the outcomes of students through support, physical activity and competition, as you will also be directly involved in the delivery of the NEAT Experience. This is an exciting curriculum that supports character development through the provision of experiences and opportunities.
We are looking for someone who can inspire and who can:
NEAT Academy Trust is a thriving and collaborative partnership of six primary and secondary schools across the North East of England, working together to provide a first-class education for all our learners. Each school has its own distinctive ethos and the trust protects both Church of England and non-Church schools to retain their particular designation. We are firmly rooted in our local communities, which enables us to develop and share effective strategies to enable our pupils to improve their life chances with the support of their families.
- Develop and implement a trust-wide Competition and Festival Calendar
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of a variety of sporting and cycling opportunities across the Trust
- Develop and deliver sports, PE and cycling programmes, including related staff CPD
- Providing teacher support to mentor staff and pupils, whilst delivering high quality physical activity sessions to suit varying needs.
In return we offer:
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying job description and person specification and click 'apply now' to complete an online application form no later than midnight on Wednesday 22nd November 2023.
- Mentoring from an experienced leadership team who are passionate about getting children physically active
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Ireland’s leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
This job is closed for applications.