Senior Woodland Officer - Forest Plan
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/11/2023 22:59
£38,223 - £42,403 per annum
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Planning / Building Control
North East England
Senior Woodland Officer – Forest Plan
Fixed Term 2 Years
Do you want to assist in the delivery of an ambitious Community Forest programme in the North East?
We are offering an exciting and challenging opportunity to be involved in the development of the North East Community Forest programme, part of the England Community Forests network.
Home - England's Community Forests http://englandscommunityforests.org.uk/
The Senior Woodland Officer – Forest Plan postholder, working with stakeholders, and the NECF Partnership, will assist the Forest Manager in the project management and development of our Forest Plan 2025-2050.
The Forest Plan will lay out our approach to:
- Nature recovery by protecting, improving, and connecting our woodlands, promoting habitat connectivity and species migration across North East England.
- How we best support landowners and farmers to improve their businesses and promote environmental benefits.
- Involving communities and businesses in creating healthy, accessible, green spaces to improve health outcomes.
- Identifying key landowners with whom we want to work with and important geographical target areas within North East England.
- Supporting natural flood management and processes to green our urbans areas to create a more climate resilient and human-friendly living environment for all.
- Supporting local authorities and other landowners to manage and expand their tree stock.
- Attracting and shaping future funding options for woodland creation from Government and the private sector.
We welcome applicants who have a strong previous experience in policy and strategy development relating to trees and woodlands, and / or a likeminded discipline. You will require high level analytical skills with the ability to effectively report to and communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, and to present complicated information clearly and concisely to a wide audience. You will also be required to manage, analyse and report on stakeholder consultations as part of the report development process.
The postholder will be employed through Newcastle City Council on behalf of the North East Community Forest Partnership and will work as part of the NECF Team. The NECF Team operate across six local authority boundaries, including Newcastle, North and South Tyneside, Gateshead, Sunderland, and Durham. We also work closely with colleagues in Northumberland via the Great Northumberland Forest.
The role is fixed term for 2 years, with a possible extension subject to available grant funding.
What do we offer as an employer? As an employee of Newcastle City Council, you will have access to:
- A generous Flexi Scheme, enabling work/life/balance.
- Generous annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays, with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Agile working, enabling both home working and office-based working where possible.
- Access to Occupational Health, Mindfulness sessions and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Access to an employee benefits portal with a huge range of discounts across local and national retailers.
- A competitive salary.
- Access to Local Government pension scheme.
- A bespoke induction.
- Access to various salary sacrifice schemes - covering cars, white electrical goods and tax efficient saving contributions towards your pension.
- Discounted travel passes.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Lloyd Jones, Forest Manager - North East Community Forest on 07974 588 063.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form. Any communication sent to you regarding your application will be sent to the email address you have set up on your Northeast Jobs account, so you will need to ensure that you check your inbox.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 December 2023.
This job is closed for applications.