Southwick Community Primary School - Teacher
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/12/2023 12:00
£28,000 - £38,810
Schools - Teaching
Southwick Community Primary School
SCHOOL Southwick Community Primary School
Address Shakespeare Street, Southwick, SR5 2JX
Tel: (0191) 0191 5009554
Fax: (0191) 0191 5493822
Headteacher: Mr Christian Robson
Position: Year 2 Teacher – 2 terms with the possibility of further terms.
Salary: Main Pay Scale
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational Year 1 teacher to join our strong and very supportive team.
We are looking for a teacher who:
As a school we can offer you:
- Has experience of teaching in KS1
- Is a good to outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Has experience of teaching a range of abilities including SEN.
- Has a good knowledge of the EYFS curriculum.
- Has a good knowledge of RWi
- Is meticulous in their planning and preparation.
- Can imaginatively adapt and deliver the curriculum to our children.
- Has a good range of planning and curriculum delivery skills to be able to cater for a range of children
- Is able to use assessment to track and plan for good or better progress in children’s learning.
- Have high expectations of themselves and the children.
- Has a commitment to developing a creative curriculum to enthuse and motivate learners.
- Is passionate about creating a stimulating learning environment where children can grow and flourish.
- Is able to communicate effectively in a wide range of situations.
- Has an effective range of excellent behaviour management skills.
- Is committed to school improvement.
The post holder must:
- Wonderful and caring children who are welcoming to everyone.
- A committed and dedicated staff that are driven to raising standards.
- A very supportive working environment.
- A school that has excellent links with its local community and puts children at the heart of everything.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Act in compliance with the data protection principles in respecting the privacy of personal information held by the council.
- Comply with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in relation to management of Council records and information.
- Carry out their duties with full regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and all other Council policies.
- Comply with the Council’s Health and safety rules and regulations and Health and Safety Legislation.
Visits to the school are encouraged and appointments can be made by contacting 0191 5009554.
Hard copies or electronic of the application form should be forwarded to Southwick Community Primary School, Shakespeare Street, Southwick, SR5 2JX or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: 1.12.23 12pm
Interview dates: w/c 4.12.23
This job is closed for applications.