DBS3396 Employer Engagement Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/09/2018 23:59
£23,111 - £25,463 pa pro rata
Social Care - Adult Service
Any location within North Tyneside
An opportunity exists for a suitable individual to work as an Employer Engagement Officer for retail businesses in North Tyneside. This is an exciting new role, where you will source and engage with local employers to secure employment opportunities, apprenticeships and work placements for our local residents. As part of the role you will oversee the placement of the residents and when required coach/motivate residents to embrace the work placement opportunity.
We are looking for a dynamic, responsive and customer focused individual who can deliver results for the employers that we work with.
You will need to be able to:
• Develop a base of employer contacts sympathetic to the work-place and
work experience needs of long term unemployed residents
• Source and secure a real job opportunities, apprenticeships and work
placement within retail businesses
• Become an expert in the recruitment practices of the retail businesses
• Act as a ‘Job Coach’ to residents where required to assist them through
the recruitment process and into sustainable employment.
• Visit the new recruits in post; review progress with their supervisors and
provide updates to the Programme Manager.
• To support in celebrating the successes from the project by providing
examples of those achievements in the form of case studies or profiles.
• Provide data and monitoring information to the Programme Manager as
required by our funders and partners
• Devising and completing appropriate evaluation activities with residents
and employers to determine the impact of the project and for continuous
This post is fixed term for 1 year, 29.6 hours per week.
For more details or to discuss the post further please contact
Claire Dunn 0191 643 6407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that this position will require an Enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.