Term-time only (Permanent)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/06/2021 12:00
£23,541 - £27,041 pro rata
Schools - Support
Etherley Lane Primary School
Grade 7 £23,541 - £27,041 pro rata
Required as soon as possible
We ARE Etherley Lane and We ARE an exciting place to be! ?? Etherley Lane is a primary school in Bishop Auckland. We’re also proud to be a High Force Education Hub School – which means we have a teacher training hub on site. There’s always lots going on at Etherley Lane and we put our children at the heart of everything we do.
The Governors of Etherley Lane Primary School are excited to recruit a highly motivated and ambitious Office Manager with strong vision and drive to build upon the school’s current success. The successful candidate will join a busy, positive and forward thinking office team.
The governors look to appoint the successful candidate into post as soon as possible following interviews.
• Have experience of office management systems, or be able to demonstrate the ability to work with similar systems
• Have excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Assist the Headteacher with the finance, health & safety, property, HR, Safeguarding, GDPR and Compliance processes and systems in the school
• Be able to inspire and motivate colleagues
• Have a high standard of IT, English and Maths skills.
• Be a strategic and innovative thinker
• Support the distinctive ethos of the school and get involved in its activities
• Be flexible with a good sense of humour.
In return we can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, motivated children
• Highly skilled and committed staff.
• Dedicated governors and supportive parents who care passionately about the school.
• The opportunity to play a key role in the future development of the school.
Please apply for this post by completing the attached application form and by writing a letter of application. Please return them to Mrs K A Lee, Headteacher, at the above address.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory CRB Enhanced Disclosure.
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Friday 4th June 2021 at 12 noon
Interview date: Week commencing 7th June 2021
Etherley Lane Primary School
Tel: 01388 603 105
This job is closed for applications.