Early Years Teacher - Hylton Castle Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/10/2018 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Hylton Castle Primary School
SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL
HYLTON CASTLE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Sunderland SR5 3RE
Tel: 0191 5623299
Fax: 0191 5623288
Headteacher: Mrs. E. Armstrong
Teacher (Early Years)
Temporary contract (maternity cover)
32.5 hours / week
The contract will end on the return of the substantive post-holder
Required 7th January 2019
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated, innovative and hardworking Early Years practitioner to cover a two-term maternity cover. The successful candidate will be responsible for our Reception class.
We seek to interview candidates who will be proud to work with our pupils and whole school team. We expect all our teachers to contribute to the school vision to support our school on its journey from good to outstanding.
Applications are welcome from NQTs as well as experienced teachers.
A TLR allowance is available for a suitably experienced and outstanding (proven) teacher.
The successful candidate will:
• Be committed to exploring, nurturing and challenging the potential of all children in their class and within the school as a whole
• Have regularly planned and taught English and Maths during the last academic year
• Be a proven, excellent practitioner with high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
• Demonstrate highly effective positive behaviour management skills
• Have excellent classroom management skills and be proficient in planning, assessment and target setting
• Have the capacity to inspire and motivate all children, irrespective of age, ability or interests, to enjoy their learning opportunities and to achieve their best
• Be a reflective practitioner dedicated to their own professional development
• Be prepared to be involved in the wider life of the school
• Be committed to working in partnership with parents and other professionals
• Be efficient, flexible, well organized and an excellent team player
• Be willing and pro-active in the provision of extra- curricular activities
If you have the above skills please come and meet us. Visits to the school are warmly welcome (appointment slots below).
Applicants should state any curriculum interests and particular strengths they feel they could bring to the school.
We will provide:
• The pleasure of working with wonderful children who have a huge potential and who deserve the very best opportunities
• The exciting challenge of becoming an outstanding school
• Supportive, hard-working colleagues and governors who care passionately about our school and local community
• High quality professional development opportunities
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from Criminal Records Bureau.
Hylton Castle Primary School safeguards and protects its students by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Application forms and further details are available:
• upon receipt of a large stamped, addressed envelope
• on the school website
• by e-mail
Candidates are invited to visit the school on:
3rd October, 10am
4th October, 1pm
4th October, 3.45pm
Closing date: 12 noon on 10th October 2018
Shortlisting: Wednesday 11th October 2018
Interviews: 17th October 2018
This job is closed for applications.