Kitchen Assistant - Egglescliffe School & Sixth Form College - Vision Academy Learning Trust
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£8,408 – (actual salary, pay award pending) - SCP 3
Schools - Support
Term time only
20 Hours p.w. (4 hours per day, 9:45am – 1:45pm) Permanent
Egglescliffe School is a highly successful secondary school based in Eaglescliffe. We have:
- A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere
- Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve
- A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents
We strive to ensure that our school environment is attractive, welcoming, safe, secure and conducive to learning. The school environment is of real importance and its maintenance and development is the concern of all involved in the school with both children and staff encouraged to take a pride in their surroundings.
We have a permanent opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant to work within the School’s Catering Department, providing our students with healthy and nutritious meals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual who wishes for a position that is both challenging and rewarding. Although not essential, previous experience in a similar type role is highly desirable. Training will be provided, if necessary.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning of light and heavy kitchen equipment, dining areas and furniture following instructions to comply with all COSHH and safety guidelines
- Follow personal cleanliness and hygiene guidelines and rules
- Serving of meals, snacks and beverages as required, adhering strictly to hygiene regulations
- Washing up
- Operation of dishwasher
- Basic food preparation including sandwich filling and wrapping, preparation of vegetables (fresh and frozen), home bake products and snacks
- Setting out food/snacks and beverages displays, including where appropriate replenishing vending machines
- Assist with Food deliveries, storage and management of food and stocks as required
- To maintain and update daily monitoring records including temperature charts for fridges, freezers and store rooms, routine probe tests for hot and cold foods and food sampling where appropriate
- Clean up spillages on tables and floors and clear food trays and cutlery away in line with school procedures
Egglescliffe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit either www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application to: Mrs T Probert, PA to the Head Teacher and SLT, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held: W/C 31st January 2022