Equality and Diversity
Your Homes Newcastle is committed to equality and diversity. Our aim is to ensure that this commitment is rooted in the core values of everything we do.
YHN endeavours to ensure that our workforce is representative of the community it serves. Our intention is to select the best candidate for the job regardless of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, belief, age or marital, partnership and family status.
1. All applicants are treated fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
2. Most of our full-time vacancies are open to Job Share to ensure that we are minimising barriers to those applicants who may prefer not to work full-time hours.
3. Disability Confident – if a disabled applicant meets the essential criteria for the job, they will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Working at YHN
1. We have a commitment to dignity and respect in the workplace where every individual's identity and culture is respected and valued.
2. We do not tolerate bullying, harassment or victimisation and any complaints will be promptly and appropriately dealt with.
3. We have been working hard to create an inclusive and supportive environment for our staff to work in. We support Staff Network Groups (for Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender, YHN Allies and Multicultural colleagues). These play an active role in the development of YHN's policies and procedures and have proved to be an invaluable means of raising awareness and supporting staff.
4. We are a Mindful Employer: positive and supportive towards employees who may experience mental health issues.
5. We feature in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index as a Top 100 Employer. This recognises our commitment to being an inclusive workplace for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
6. All employees are treated fairly in learning and development and in their terms and conditions of service.
7. YHN is a member of the of the Disability Confident Scheme which recognises our commitment to successfully employ and retain disabled people and those with long term health conditions.
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Data
We ask you to tell us about yourself as monitoring helps us to ensure that our workforce reflects the community we serve and enables us to ascertain whether any of our policies and procedures need to be improved. It is not compulsory to provide this information and any information you do give us is stored in line with Data Protection legislation. This information is not made available to the recruiting managers.
If you feel you have been unfairly treated or discriminated against during the recruitment process, please write to the Finance and Commercial Director, YHN House, Benton Park Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE7 7LX