Barnes Junior School - Deputy Headteacher
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£56,721 - £62,570
Schools - Teaching
Barnes Junior School
Barnes Junior School
Mount Road, Sunderland
Tel: 0191 5535968
Headteacher: Mr S R Ward
Deputy Head Teacher
Required for September 2021
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and highly motivated teacher and leader to join our dedicated team at Barnes Junior School in the role of Deputy Head due to the promotion of the current postholder. You will work closely with the Head teacher and Leadership Team to build on the achievements of the last 5 years and securing the best possible achievements for every child.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate excellent leadership skills to drive forward school improvement.
• Share our vision of creativity and high expectations to realise the potential of the children of Barnes
• Be a teacher with consistently high, classroom standards and a proven track record in bringing about pupil progress across the primary phase.
• Support the development of a forward-thinking learning community at Barnes.
• Be a confident and clear communicator, able to support, coach and
challenge staff to produce consistently good teaching whilst ensuring staff well-being.
• Contribute to the strategic vision and development of the school.
• Oversee the development of an engaging and relevant curriculum that meets the needs of our learners
• Be able to work in partnership with external agencies to ensure the safety and well-being of all our pupils
• Be given the opportunity to develop leadership skills and pursue future leadership ambitions
We can offer you:
• Pupils who are articulate, proud of their achievements and proud to learn.
• A dedicated, talented and experienced team of caring staff.
• Active governors, who are proud of their school and offer high quality support whilst holding school leaders to account.
Please contact the school to discuss possible Covid-safe visits. If these are not possible for you or for the school, we can make an appointment for a video call during the week commencing Monday 19th April so we can tell you more about the role and our school.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be downloaded from North East Jobs website or www.barnesjunior.org.uk.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th April 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 30th April 2021
Interviews: Friday 7th May 2021
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Barnes Junior School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.