The Council is accredited under the Positive about Disabled People symbol
The 5 Commitments:
1. To interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities.
2. To ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what both parties can do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities.
3. To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment.
4. To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work.
5. Each year, to review these commitments and what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let all your employees and the Employment Service know about progress and future plans.