Social, Emotional and Mental Health Lead
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/09/2018 12:00
Schools - Support
Park View School, South Shields
SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL HEALTH LEAD – 37 HPW
(PARK VIEW SCHOOL)
Fixed Term post initially for 1 year
We are seeking to appoint an innovative, motivated and enthusiastic Social, Emotional and Mental Health Lead to contribute to the development, performance, quality assurance and continuous improvement of the mental and emotional health provision in school and the wider community.
• Ensure services are responsive to the local and national landscape and contribute to the school’s aims and objectives within an overall framework that safeguards adults, promoting health, independence and wellbeing.
• Provide professional personalised social care and mental health support to pupils with care and mental health needs, their families and carers living in and around South Tyneside.
• As a member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team advise senior leaders how best to develop the school workforce, support individual pupils and their families and influence the strategic direction of the whole school approach to mental health and emotional wellbeing.
• As Social Care and Mental Health Lead undertake a range of assessments and interventions to ensure those pupils with care and mental health support needs and their families and carers achieve their desired outcomes.
• Ensure that statutory duties and policy objectives are met within your area of responsibility, whilst optimising school performance and use of available resources with a focus on value for money.
Interviews are to take place on Friday 28 September 2018.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Application Forms are to be returned to Mrs V Gray, Business Manager, Park View School, Temple Park Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE34 0QA or Email to VGray@parkview-school.co.uk by Noon, 21 September 2018
This job is closed for applications.