Working for the council offers a range of benefits, because rewarding our people for the valuable work they do helps us to attract and retain the very best talent.
Competitive pay – Middlesbrough Council has adopted the Living Wage and pays all employees a minimum of £9.01 per hour.
As a large employer, we offer a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement, that increases with long service and
the opportunity to buy additional annual leave
- Enrolment into the Teesside Pension Fund
- Trade Union membership
- Access to information 24/7 via the Staff Portal
- Training and Development opportunities, with an online Learning Management System
- Work Life Balance and family friendly policies
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives, including lunch time sessions of Yoga, Pilates etc.
- Cycle to Work Scheme and half price British Cycling ride insurance
- Employee Groups
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Discounted annual bus and train travel tickets