Welcome to South Tyneside. An outstanding place to live, invest and bring up families. Located at the heart of the North East, by the river, with a beautiful coastline and greenspace, South Tyneside has fantastic schools and housing; with lots to do for everyone thanks to our amazing transport links.
A selection of our finest attractions include:
• Our beautiful coastline and sandy beaches
• World Heritage Sites such as Arbeia, South Shields Roman Fort
• The fantastic free South Shields Museum.
• Souter Lighthouse, the first in the world to be purpose built for electric.
• Jarrow Hall, celebrates the life of the Venerable Bede and provides a fascinating insight into Anglo-Saxon Northumbria
• Fantastic family attractions such as Ocean Beach Pleasure Park, The Dunes, and The Word.
• Excellent parks and green space
• Outstanding venues to enjoy cultural activities and meet family and friends like The Customs House, as well as a huge selection of pubs and restaurants
• Access to a wide range of shopping opportunities such as South Shields Market and you can find boutique shopping at Whitburn, Cleadon and Boldon.
To find out what else South Tyneside has to offer please visit https://www.visitsouthtyneside.co.uk/